Hi Trisul Network Analytics users,
We are pleased to announce a new Release of Trisul for immediate download. Please sign up and download from (https://trisul.org)
We are delighted to announce the following key feature highlights of the new release of Trisul Network Analytics.
- New packages for Ubuntu 20 (FOCAL)
- New packages for Oracle Linux 8 ( also RHEL 8 and Centos 8)
- Massive improvements to make Netflow support even better
- Improvements to PDF reports and EMail sending
- New Trisul Apps (HSRP, improved TCP Analysis)
full release notes below.
Trisul Probe 6.5.3040
Trisul Hub 6.5.2922
- DOMAIN: When distributed probes are in different timezone handle time drift correctly
- NETFLOW: IPv6 Prefix metering support from IPv6 subnet mask
- LUA: New TerminateFlow method
- PROBE : Huawei Netstream IPv6 support added
- PROBE: No need to specify tcpdump -ddd bpf bytecode for RX AF ring pcap filters, can directly specify string filter
- NETFLOW: Added LinkLayer stats to count IPv6 and IPv4 traffic
- LICENSE: New licenses now use 4096 bit
- NETFLOW: In some firewall vendor templates IN Octets, POST Octets causes identical IN/OUT values. New option IgnoreAllOutOctets to handle these
- BUG: Interface trackers bug fix. Previously interface tracker would also count traffic destined to the router.
- TRP: Memory leak fixed, this can be seen in customers with a large number of concurrent users ( 50+) of Trisul
- TRP: Counter Item and Counter Topper methods now retrieve Key Attributes along with other key details
- TRP: Counter Group Topper request without time interval to retrieve latest toppers with a Key filter.
- New SSL Certificate 2048 bits .. oracle8 wont start with 1024 bit certifcate
- Copy slices tool script on Hub
- DOMAIN: warning when trying to install tcp:// domain in free license
- HUB: Log Rotate for Hub tasks
- SUPPORT: New script called trisul-system-report added to Hub package. Customer can run this script and ship the tar.gz file to Trisul Network Analytics support for much faster resolution.
- WEB : Created new report for interface utilization
- REPORT: Separate tab for Neflow based reports
- WEB : Test mail checking with PDF attachment.
- TCA: Create threshold cross alerts in bulk ; eg an alert when any interface > 80% utilization.
- CHARTS: Added new MRTG chart type to use MRTG like color Green solid + Blue line
- REPORT: New FlexiReports for completely customizable PDF reports
- SNMP: To correlate and resolve VLAN IDs and VLAN interface names by correlating different MIBs
- WEB: Export Flows include flow tags in csv file.
- WEB: Now each user can have their own menu layouts per context
- WEB: Email sending support for SMTP relay providers like SendGrid and Pepipost
- LDAP: User sync from various attributes
- WEB: DBAnalyzer UI option dropdown
- WEB: LUA apps can now include JSON to add counter groups, menus etc.
- NETFLOW: Interface Drilldown many enhancements
- REPORT: Interface drilldown report schedule via Quick Report
Plus several other usability and performance improvements.
- HSRP : Monitors HSRP packets and meter the active and backup endpoints
- IGMPv3: Instead of multicast addresses, use IGMP to meter individual members of multicast groups
- TCP Analyzer: Improvements to the app.
See https://www.trisul.org/docs/ug/webadmin/apps.html for more on Apps.
Trisul Network Analytics is the leading solution for maximum visibility into your network traffic patterns. Whether NETFLOW or RAW PCAP, Trisul helps organizations gain peace of mind by solving their detection, visibility, and incident reponse problems.
You can sign up and download a free license of Trisul Network Analytics for PCAP or NETFLOW today. Head over to https://trisul.org