Hey Trisul users,
A new release of Trisul Network Analytics with major enhancements and stability improvements is now available on https://trisul.org/download
Introducing a new feature called "Trisul Packages" where you can click and install extensions and dashboards into your installation. On the Probe side major improvements to Netflow/SFlow analysis, improved counter capacity (now each counter group can house 32 meters from 16). Memory usage under heavy reassembly load has also been streamlined.
RELEASE NOTES - FRESH PACKAGES released JUN-3-2017
Trisul Probe 6.0.2806
- FEAT : File Extraction ; multipart works now with names
- FEAT : Flow Tracker Pair - can track 2 variables ; eg Long Lived + SSH
- BUGFIX : SFLOW bug causes Filtered Counter Group stream to count incorrectly
- FEAT : Netflow/SFLOW 3 new metrics to count Hosts,Apps,Proto IN/OUT of interface
- FEAT : Big Win - Max metrics increased to 32( from 16), Max Counter Groups to 256 (from 128)
- BUGFIX : Flow Tagging broken via LUA API when called in Netflow context
- ENH : trisulctl_probe/hub 'create context' automatically initializes now
- FEAT : Run LUA input filter based import using
- BUGFIX : Mem leak due to poor ExpireTail in TCPReass fixed
- FEAT : New method in LUA fileextract
- BUGFIX : Memleak in some edge cases for reassembly fixed
Trisul Hub 6.0.2768
- BUGFIX : Persistent data was not being expired.
- FEAT : Can now generate machineid on hub node for licensing
- BUGFIX : Newly added metrics to existing counter groups merge error
- BUGFIX : IP Address resolver cron job not working
- BUGFIX : trisulctl_hub delete context - not removing certain empty dirs
- BUGFIX : QueryResources by Regex wasnt working
Web Trisul 6.0.2010
- FEAT : NEW Package manager to install dashboards, LUA plugins, etc
- FEAT : NEW Complete context (top flow, convos, apps, hosts) with TCA and FT alerts
- FEAT : NEW For Alerts button to check if Scanning Hosts successfully breached
- BUGFIX : Update flow trackers UI table to make it clear volume vs secs
- FEAT : NEW Top apps,hosts,protocols INTO and OUT of Netflow interface tracked
- BUGFIX : bug when creating new FIltered Counter Grouo - TopNCommitInterval & BucketSize mixed up
- FEAT : UI update, to ADMIN layout, Contexts now use an accordion
- FEAT : UI update, filter CounterGroups,CaptureProfiles,Contexts in admin pages,dashboards
- BUGFIX : Cron tasks were running in development mode, change to production
- BUGFIX : New Package app also check internet connetivity with proxy
- FEAT : UI Download certificate as PEM added for FTS,SSL resources
- dozens of other fixes
You are urged to update your builds as soon as feasible. Even if you are not using these advanced features, you will get benefits from the memory and stability fixes.
If you have'nt installed Trisul yet : This is your time to get into the deep monitoring ecosystem. The install is totally free and we dont even collect your contact information. The free license does not expire but only collects the most recent 3 day rolling window. Go to https://trisul.org/download and get started.
For instructions on updating your builds go to https://trisul.org/download or for more detailed instructions visit the documentation page at https://www.trisul.org/docs/ug/install/doupgrade.html
Your feedback is welcome !!