Hey Trisul users,
A new release of Trisul Network Analytics with a ton of enhancements is now available on http://trisul.org/download
Rel : Trisul Probe 6.0.2798
Web: Web Trisul 6.0.2000
Big improvements in Netflow monitoring, a totally revamped Routers and Interfaces Drilldown that will save considerable time for analysts. A new "Interface Tracker" streaming algorithm that you can enable on very busy interfaces for accurate lossless historical drilldowns into Top-K users of interfaces. Now you can also use SNMP to automatically resolve all Interface and Host Names.
Trisul Probe 6.0.2798
- NEW: self monitoring metrics. "Disk Bandwidth" metric measures at what rate Trisul is writing PCAPs to disk. In Mbps, and IOPS
- SYSLOG ALERTS: Alerts to syslog revamped. No longer via Config file but from UI.
- NEW : Flow tracking is now along two dimensions. Eg, track all Long Lived flows but only for SSH
- File Reassembly. If there are no LUA scripts to handle reassembled files, remove automatically from ramfs partition.
- IPv6 : Flows were not showing up for UDP and ICMPv6 earlier
- NEW : Enabled UDP flow tracking for LUA. This will help due to increasing use of Google QUIC protocol (eg Youtube)
- IP Flow Tracker LUA : Totally flexible method to listen to flow stream and care sub-stream of flows using LUA for special analysis. https://www.trisul.org/docs/lua/flow_tracker.html
- Many bug fixes.
Trisul Hub 6.0.2762
BUG: SearchKeys TRP API was not working with IPv6. Fixed
BUG: CRON Task cleanpersists (which ages out and deletes persistent data like hostnames) was not running
FIX: CRON Task cachebuild (which arranges top keys disk layout for fast access) was not working for some counters
FIX: Overlay mode was not working
Web Trisul 6.0.2000
- FEATURE: New Netflow Configuration WIzard helps you set up all config in a minute
- FEATURE: New Email Alert is much more comprehensive, includes contextual info in the alert email itself
- FEATURE: Introducing Trisul Apps - a way to package and import extensions for both UI and Analytics.
- FEATURE: UI comparison widget. Add any chart to all charts on any dashboard by just pressing a button. This allows you to place any trendline in context of 'shapes' of other metrics.
- FEATURE: Magic Box widget allows you to visualize and spot busiest routers and interfaces for drilldowns
- NEW : SNMP Resolver for Netflow Routers (sysName) and Interfaces (ifDescr or IfAlias from IF-TABLE MI😎
- Ability to use PROXY servers for both Intel Feed downloads and for Trisul Apps
- Hundreds of tweaks to the UI and fixes to make the whole experience smooth
Trisul is an incredibly powerful Network Traffic and Security Monitoring platform you can deploy today for FREE ( https://www.trisul.org/free/) to gain visibility into your network traffic from a hundred different angles.
Team Trisul (signed in via Github)