Hello Trisul users,
We just released a new major release of Trisul Network Analytics. Go on to Downloads to get the packages.
Whats in this release ?
Highlights : This release contains major work that enables Trisul Network Analytics to be used in ISP environments for Peering and Routing traffic analytics.
ISP Peering Analytics
By combining Netflow with BGP topology, Trisul provides you total visibility into traffic flows to peering AS, helps you analyze content flows,view top routes, performance of IX presence. We will soon provide a complete application note of this solution.
This release also has many new updates for non-ISP users. You can find a full list below
Trisul Apps are plugins that build on the Trisul Platform. We released the following new apps recently.
- Peering-Analysis : For licensed ISP Users, full AS analysis, per gateway, per interface,
- Route-Analysis : BGP Route (AS Path) analysis from a number of angles with attractive flow diagrams
- Geo-Flows : Enter a list of IP Address and lookup - Country, AS, City, Prefixes, and other information from local knowledge
- ISP-Overview : Top level overview of ISP operations. Active AS, Routes, Own Prefixes, charts of top content
- Sankey-Crossdrill: Crosskey Counter groups allow you to monitor AxB a cross product of two counter groups. This app lets you view the flows
Several other apps have been updated
To update/install apps : Login as Admin : Webadmin > Manage > Apps
To view the Trisul Apps GitHub page : https://github.com/trisulnsm/apps
Now the main components
- FEATURE: Support for IPv6 in Netflow
- FEATURE: High performance BGP Route Receiver and integration built in
- FEATURE: New Netflow metrics for BGP NextHop, IP Hext Hop, Prefixes, AS and others
- FEATURE: Flow taggers can now specify a Tag Group to distinguish tags from multiple sources
- FEATURE: AggregateFlows is now faster and can handle flow tags and tag groups
- BUGFIX: In many netflow cases Flow Direction was incorrectly calculated
- FEATURE: Add HomeAS to Netflow and Trisul-Geo, this allows you to add an entire AS instead of home network prefixes
- FEATURE: Generic domain method runtool , look up Geo information from internal DB, BGP routes
- FEATURE: 0104486: Resolver counter group. Use Counter group A to resolve keys from Counter group B.
- BUGFIX: 0104513: Meta counter group add key to guid lookup
- MINOR: 0104510: AddEdge Netflow option
- MINOR: New LUA API method : add_edge_bidirectional()
- BUGFIX: 0104505: Cardinality Counter group Toppers - Do not add values
- MINOR: trisulctl_probe CLI tool updated with new command install remote-domain and updated help.
- and several other minor fixes.
- BUGFIX: Some counter groups tried to interpret 2 character HEX as a number in human form, disable eg, country DE
- BUGFIX: 0104480: Mulithreaded MRMT can crash trpd on exception
- FEATURE: Resolver GUID for counter groups, use Group-A to resolve Group-B
- BUGFIX: When having large number of trisul-probes > 10 , probe1 data merged with probe10, 2 with probe20 etc.
- BUGFIX: cachebuild error : break at 23:59. A dip at midnight was observed on many time series charts
- FEATURE: AggregateFlows allow you to recompute metrics from flows rather than use the streaming metrics.
- FEATURE: If using TagGroups, AggFlows can also split metrics on tag groups. This allow aggregation of any number of attribtues/flow not just source-ip, dest-ip, etc.
- MINOR: Aggregate Flows can now only process selected aggregates, previously it aggregated all fields and only returned what was requested.
- FEATURE: TRP API: CounterGroupToppers() now returns total, max,min,avg previously it only returned total
- FEATURE: trisulctl_hub CLI tool new commands , uninstall hub , list hubs, install remote-domain , authorize hub
- and other minor fixes.
- FEATURE: Trisul Apps: Meta Apps install application packs. For example SSL App Pack will install TLS Print, SNI analysis, Prune TLS apps.
- NEW: AMC contract info added in license page for licensed users
- NEW: Retroi Retro Tools. Added the Edge Analytics tool to view relationship graphs
- NEW: Tools Aggregate Flows. Added Tag group
- BUG: Netflow SNMP resolve v1 OID error fixed
- FEATURE: Plugins can now attach themselves to any menu and obtain the context
- BUG: App if already installed just update it don't create new one
- API: In your APPS you can now use HAML for the framework. Client side haml to html support added via haml.js
- BUGFIX: SNMP v3 resolve error if priv_password is not set
- BUGFIX: Pie chart legend text size is reduced ,some times so long and pie chart is not visible
- FEATURE: Multiple hub support added. Now you can distribute the backend load to hub0 , hub1, hub2 etc.
- FEATURE: Key Dashboard > Assign UserLabel > Now you can add any Key atttributes
- NEW: Chart loading progress placeholder added
- NEW: Machineid added to link to get extended license
and many UI enhancements
- NEW: New binary. tool trisul-geoquery
- NEW: New binary. A new BGP receiver that writes to a SQLITE3 database stored in a RAMDISK.
- NEW: New counters for Origin-AS, Peer-AS, Home Prefix, Outside Prefix, AS-Path,
and several updates.
Please go to the Trisul Network Analytics Downloads Page to get the latest release. https://www.trisul.org/download/
We hope you enjoy this release !!
Dhinesh Kumar M for the Trisul Team